Information on the processing of personal data
Personal Data Controller: Člověk v tísni, o.p.s. (People in Need), registered seat at Šafaříkova 24, 120 00 Prague 2, ID No. 25755277, registered in the Foundations Register managed by the Municipal Court in Prague, Section O, File 119; contact details of the Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
Please note that the Controller may process your personal data to the extent stated: Basic identification and contact details.
Source from which the processed personal data originates: Internet or other public sources.
The data is processed for the purpose of invitation to the One World Festival in Brussels 2022 and related communication.
The legal base for the processing is the following:
- it is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller – namely: implementation of the One World Film Festival in Brussels 2022 and related communication
The Controller shall store the above-mentioned data for the duration of the One World Film Festival in Brussels 2022 and afterwards for the duration of 3 months for the purpose of a complaint or other possible follow-up communication.
The processing of personal data is done by the Controller; however, also the following processors may process personal data for the Controller: the co-organizer of the festival the Czech Center in Brussels.
The Controller shall hand personal data over to another person in the circumstances provided for in the legislation.
- right to request information on which personal data of yours the Controller is processing,
- right to request explanation from the Controller regarding the processing of personal data,
- right to request access to such data from the Controller, right to have the data updated, corrected or restricted, as the case may be, and right to object against processing,
- the right to obtain personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, if processing is based on consent or contract,
- right to request the deletion of such personal data from the Controller (provided that the reason for processing is no longer valid),
- right to address the Controller or complain to the Office for Personal Data Protection in case of doubt regarding the compliance with the obligations related to the processing of personal data.
While We Watched
The screening will be followed by a discussion with:
Stefania Benaglia, Head of the Global Connectivity Programme, CEPS
Priyanka Shankar, Freelance journalist (coverage for Deutsche Welle, Al Jazeera, previously for Reuters)
Moderator: Jana Juzová, Head of Global Europe Programme, EUROPEUM
About the film
Nationalism is on the rise in India. Journalists who talk about the people’s problems and ask tough questions of the powerful are under increasing pressure from the government and its propaganda. TV reporter Ravish Kumar is one of them.
At the end of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s first term, few independent media outlets remain in India. While the pro-government ones nurture divisions in society and incite violence and war, Ravish, a former editor of NDTV India, seeks the truth behind the veil of ideology and national propaganda. But for how long and at what price is it still possible to carry out honest journalism? This award-winning documentary captures Ravish’s efforts, exceptional courage and perseverance day after day. The journalist keeps working despite death threats and public condemnation, remaining a spark of light in dark and disturbing times.
While We Watched
Namaskar! Main Ravish Kumar
Year of Production
Country of Origin
Work, Media, Asia
Bureaucracy Sonata (2011) An Insignificant Man (2016) While We Watched (2022)